Change Everything

Monday, July 3, 2017

Summer Color


Summer finally arrived here in the Northwest after a pretty cold start to June. I had washed and stored all my sweaters and ended up having to pull one of them out of the cedar chest. 
We went from unseasonably cold to some of the hottest weather on record in a matter of what seemed like a week. 

The weather has settled down and we've had some really beautifully day. To celebrate I created a brightly colored table...


I found the fabric for the 'tablecloth' on the clearance rack at JoAnns. I love it and wish it hadn't been the end of the bolt since I could have used a couple more yards. It's going to take some creative sewing for it to fit my table correctly. 


Yep, that's a lot of pink in one picture! The top plate is Lilly Pulitzer, the next plate (flamingos) is Cynthia Rowley, the flower charger is from Hobby Lobby.

Here are some additional views...





Every time I look at this table it makes me smile. 




It's not just one thing, it's all the pieces together and also that's it's an expression of my creativity. Yes, I did this. I pulled all these pieces together and created this table setting. As a bonus, when I couldn't find the paper lantern I had planned to use for the centerpiece and I improvised. Is it the greatest silk flower arrangement ever? Nope, not even close but it looks pretty good. 








This is Shirley, she's always the life of the party!




There's a story to these glasses that I will share with you once I get to the happy ending. I saw them and knew I had to have them, so I bought two right away and ordered four more. Still waiting on the final four. 


The final shot


I'd like to say that every time I take a overview shot, it turns out perfectly the first time. I'd like to say that but it's not true. I usually have to take at least three, maybe five shots and then edit them. It's all good. 

Now that these photos are posted I'll have to jump into my July 4th table first thing tomorrow! YIKES

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. 

I'll be join up the link up over at Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House and Dishing It and Digging It at Rustic & Refined and Between Naps on the Porch and Share Your Cup on Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson.


10 comments:

  1. Now that is a bright and happy table! I love it. Those dishes are gorgeous, I am going to have to see if I can find some of those. So happy you shared this at the Dishing It & Digging It Link Party. Hope you have a wonderful holiday. Happy 4th Miss Jane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and a very Happy 4th to you, too!

      Delete
  2. P.S. - I am going to share your pretty table on my facebook page so people can see it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, I'm very flattered! Thank you :D

      Delete
  3. What a happy tablescape! Thank you for sharing at Make it Pretty Monday! Happy weekend! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sponsoring the link party, it so fun to see what everyone is doing!

      Delete
  4. I do love pink and yellow together! This is my kind of tablescape.
    :) gwingal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a note :)

      Delete
  5. What a fun bright and cheery table! Thanks for sharing it with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete