Change Everything

Friday, July 7, 2017

Happy (belated) Independence Day!

It wasn't easy but I managed to pull together a 4th table on Tuesday morning.




It was a quiet yet busy day off for me. I took some extra time off from work to get caught up on chores around the house. Hug curtain rods, did some sewing, emptied another box and did some baking. 






Yummmm, it's berry season!

I added a few new things to the Americana table this year. 



The star trays have been sitting around waiting to be made into a three tiered tray and they will eventually get there. For now, I think they look great just stacked on the table. 


The standard plate stack photos...








The only challenge with fireworks on July 4th is that it doesn't get dark until nearly 10:00 pm, and at that point I'm be way too tired to be dealing with traffic and crowded parking lots. 

I'm a big fan of Christmas in July (okay, I understand that the though of Christmas in the middle of summer upsets some people but during the hottest part of the summer I enjoy the 'mental' cooling affect and all those great Hallmark Movies!) so how about we have Independence Day fireworks on December 4th? Huh? What do you think? Brilliant idea, right? 





I found these napkins at a craft bazaar last year. They were tucked away with the rest of the napkins until Tuesday morning and I'm really happy with the way they look on the table. The colors pop a lot more than I expected. 



Ariel view from our sky-cam (or maybe just me with my arms stretched up in the air)


Random close-ups...





Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you had a great '4th' and hopefully a little extra time off. 

I'm joining the party over at Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House and Share Your Cup at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson.

8 comments:

  1. I love this tablescape! You are one of the features at this week's Make it Pretty party. Here is the link to this week's shindig: http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2017/07/make-it-pretty-monday-week-220.html Thanks for sharing at The Dedicated House! Happy week to you! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm very flattered that you're featuring my table on your page!

      Delete
  2. I love how you stacked the stars and the napkins are just perfect! Fireworks in December would be fun!! :) Thanks for sharing with SYC. I will be featuring you at tomorrows party.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jann, I'm so flattered that I'll be featured on your blog!!

      Delete
  3. Love your table, it's full of pure Americana, and it's absolutely charming! I am visiting you from Have a Daily Cup with Jann.

    ReplyDelete