Change Everything

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

And the Winner Is....


Me!!


I enjoy cooking and baking for friends & family.  Last year after a couple years of taking my test recipes to some friends at the local kitchen store one of them suggested I enter the county fair.


I'd never entered any kind of baking competition before even though I've been getting rave reviews for years from family, friends and co-workers. I jumped in with both feet and entered the table setting and the baking competitions at the county fair this past summer. 

There were two themes to choose from for the table settings - 'Let Them Eat Cake' and 'Summer Breeze'. Here's my entry:



I'm quite fond of flamingos - does it show?


Guess what??





I won Best of Show!!!! Sorry for the quality of the pic but I took these during the fair and felt a bit awkward taking photos with all the people around.  I didn't remember to take my camera when I went back after the fair to clean up. 


I baked three different desserts - chocolate peanut butter cupcake, lemon bars and raspberry cream pie. Again, not the greatest of photos but I am just showing off my WINS!




First place ribbons for all three!





Not very photogenic but delicious!  




Live and learn - 3/4 of a pie wasted. By the time I picked it up, even though it had been refrigerated, it was a bit fuzzy. If I enter a pie or cake next time, I'll make mini-versions. 

Thanks for indulging my bragging!

Next summer I'm thinking of entering the scarecrow contest, I just need to find a sequined tube top... hmmm?

1 comment:

  1. I love this!! Congratulations on all your wins - I haven't done a lot of tablescaping but I would like to do more and I have no shortage of ideas... I have thought several times of entering the state fair here. I need to actually DO IT, because this looks like you had a lot of fun! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete