Change Everything

Monday, December 28, 2015

It's Still Christmas Around Here


It seems that everyone else was able to get their Christmas tablescapes posted weeks ago - but it's been a season of delays and procrastination for me.



Somewhere I have photos of my Thanksgiving table but never got around to posting them. I'll include a few in my next post. 

I do love the fall holidays and decorating for them but a brief illness took the wind out of my sails in November and derailed my whole schedule.





I did manage to get the house decorated and two different tablescapes completed but the weather has been so awful that some shopping was severely delayed and gifts that were mailed may have been late. There are a few people still waiting for the Christmas cookies!

Here's a bit of the Christmas decor- 



I'm very pleased with how this village scene turned out this year. I skipped the fiberfill and just used some white fabric I had. It was much easier to get (most) things to stay upright on the fabric. 

Back to the table...



This is my Pfaltzgraff Snow Village set and I love it! I found a complete boxed set at Goodwill in 2014. During another trip I found a matching candle holder. I continue to look for additional pieces, I'd really like to find the luncheon sized plates but I'm not willing to pay the Replacement prices and even what I'm seeing on Etsy & eBay is a bit more than I want to pay.



I think it's time to cut the narrative short and just post some more photos. 

Some bits and pieces...






The Angels are among my favorite details on this set. I'm still looking for a set of dishes that are decorated with just Christmas Angels. I've seen some but I either haven't liked the background color or the style of the Angels.















Here's the last shot of this table, I'm mad for plaid!




I found a four pack of plaid wrapping paper at Hallmark and though I didn't notice when I bought it, I found that it was double sided once I started wrapping gifts!





A shot of the breakfast bar..



Which was set-up after I changed the main table. I show you this in separate post.



Hope you're having a wonderful holiday season!!



I've joined a link party over at Dwellings - The Heart of your Home!

1 comment:

  1. Your tablescape is pretty and I do love plaid! The little angels around the rim of your china are so charming too. Your post is very festive and thank you for sharing it with us. Happy New Year!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete