Change Everything

Sunday, April 13, 2014

(non)Extreme Makeover Edition


When I moved into my house, I was thrilled to find that my landlords had turned this little alcove into an office.  While it was convenient I found the blue desktop a bit dark and cold. A short while ago I decided it was time to spiff it up a bit. 

I'm about to you show the 'before' pictures of my office. I'm a little nervous, it was a mess and I'm only showing you because it's now nice & tidy... and most importantly to show that I'm on my way to being a reformed clutter-bug.



Without further delay....

and
It was a bright, sunny January day when these were taken.



That was before.  

I decided I was tired of all that dark blue (it's darker in person) and the boring black chair.  This all started in January, it was winter and I wanted to brighten up my working surroundings. 

Just an editorial note here - I work from home full-time and while I love the flexibility, comfort and convenience, I do miss the social aspect of working in an office.  If you're considering going the work-from-home route, be sure to keep that in mind.  It can be very isolating.

 TA DA!!! Here's what I did to bring some color and cheerfulness into my work space.

 
The fabric for the chair is from JoAnn's and I ordered the monogram from Etsy.  Making the slip cover for the chair turned out to be much easier than I anticipated. 







These are the curtains I made to brighten up my little alcove/office even more.  You may remember this fabric when it was a runner on one of my tablescapes. 

Closeup of the beautiful fabric!


You may be wondering about that other piece of fabric that is sitting on the desk...


This very special addition was made for a very special office assistant...




 
My sweet kitty girl, she like to sleep on the desk. Since I started the project in January she got a custom made snuggly, fleece mat for her naps. (The fleece also keeps some of that fur under control)

Hope spring is treating you well!  

I'll be linking up with Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday.


P.S. As I prepare to publish this post I notice that my page header is gone. I have no idea why or when it happened.  We have a team of highly trained technicians researching this phenomenon. 

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful office space! You did a real nice job on it. I love your maine coon kitty girl. She looks like she would be a good office assistant! I just love that creamy melon color - that screams Spring to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea for the cat. The entire office looks fresh and ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete