Change Everything

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

and the blue & white entry


Happy Spring

To celebrate spring we were blessed with a beautiful, sunshiny weekend... immediately followed by a big rainstorm with very strong wind gusts.  Oh well, that's what spring is about, unpredictability.

After my St. Paddy's day table I decided to try my hand at a blue & white table...


It was another fun table to put together though I realize now that I never quite figured out the napkin.

 Shall we call the lovely couple Darcy & Elizabeth... or Fred & Ginger? *wink*


I just love daffodils and while I don't have much of a garden anymore, I did manage to grow this white one in a container on the deck. I miss my pink and white daffodils. 

A couple of closeups of the place setting

Dreaming spring dreams and looking forward to planting a few flowers and sprucing up the outdoor space.

I'll be linking up The Tablescaper, Between Naps on the Porch and Cuisine Kathleen.

blue compote - Villeroy & Boch
floral soup bowl - Gien Toscana
base plate - Mikasa French Countryside
dark blue tumblers - Target (last year)
blue goblets - GW
statues - GW
pitcher - Ralph Lauren, TJ Maxx
blue flatware - Amazon (last year)


 
I made english muffins from scratch the other day and they turned out pretty well.  Visually they're perfect but I probably should have let them rise a bit more before cooking. 

2 comments:

  1. Nothing beats blue, white and yellow to usher in spring...very pretty.
    Your English muffins look perfect to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love blue and white!

    So wonderful to have you at Seasonal Sundays. Looking forward to having you join this weekend as well!

    - Alma, The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete