Change Everything

Friday, January 3, 2014

Merry Christmas...


Okay... so for some I'm a little late yet others haven't even celebrated yet.

I hope you had (are having) a wonderful Christmas and were able to take some time* to really soak it all in as well as sit back and relax.
Really, I'm serious - I've heard of people having time to relax during the Christmas season.  Well, I guess it could be an urban legend since there's no way to prove it.

Just like everyone else December was a very busy month for me and just like many of you, I didn't quite get everything done that I had planned for the season.  (There's still one gift waiting to be delivered)

I had big plans for this table and while I'm happy with the way it turned out, it wasn't all exactly what I had in mind when I planned it.
Originally, I hadn't planned on using the plaid plates again but the plain white just didn't work for me. Darn, I guess I'll have to start looking for some simple ivory colored plates for these situations.

Can you guess what my inspiration was for the 'basket' of fruit theme?

give up?

The Ghost of Christmas Present from 'A Christmas Carol'.  I'm not sure which version I'm remembering but one that was in color where Christmas Present is seated on a throne surrounded by piles of food and general abundance.
That image always makes me smile. 

 You may recognize some other components on this table from the previous post. I just couldn't put away the cute vintage postcards or the green votive holders.  The red bubble glasses are making an encore as well.

This pattern is called "Merry Christmas" (from Johnson Bros) and I just love it. These are called "snack plates" according to Replacements.  Right now, I only have two but I have plans to find some more.
I found these little beauties at a garage sale this past summer. They really looked gorgeous on the table.
A friend sent me these napkins, already folded, for Christmas a couple of years ago but this is the first time I've used them on the table. I love the elf slipper napkin fold.

My photo doesn't do these lovely red roses justice.

Here are a few photos of other Christmas decorations around the house.

This lovely group was from Southern Living at Home many years ago.

Cute little sleigh is another GW find.

A good example of where I just didn't quite get everything finished... like adjusting the garland to hang straight and adding the faux trees to the Christmas village.

I particularly like this photo of the mirror. Initially I was just trying to capture the garland and the candles but I soon realized that I was also capturing the tree and the table as well.

Happy accidents just make my world go around!

* (My mantra for the entire season is "I have more than enough time to get everything done". It may sound like a lie but it keeps me from getting too worried and nervous.  It actually worked so well the first year I started it that I was able to get all my handmade gifts completed and still take time to sit down and read at least once a day.)

I'll be linking up at Between Naps on the Porch, Cuisine Kathleen and The Tablescaper this week. My thanks to these gracious ladies for allowing me to share my love of tablescaping on their blogs. 

8 comments:

  1. I love this, since I am a sucker for anything plaid and how cute are those napkins!!! Love your inspiration for the fruit - I must go back and read that story, again. It has been a while. If it makes you feel any better, I have had only one year, when I was able to relax a little at Christmas. Our big Christmas dinner had to be cancelled, because one of our relatives had a sick child. I dream of going away for the big day every year, but that has never happened. Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I even found a plaid handbag for winter! The napkins were a gift from a friend and they were already folded so when one of them came undone I went out to youtube to figure out how to recreate it. I'm pretty proud of my folding!

      Delete
  2. Everything you've shown here is so pretty! I hope you enjoy a wonderful Christmas celebration!

    I'd like to invite you to a new link party, called Happy Tuesday. We're sharing anything that makes us happy - we want to spread good vibes and positivity throughout blogland. You can find out more info at the link below. I hope you'll come and join us!

    http://holidays-at-the-harris-home.blogspot.com/p/happy-tuesdays.html

    Thanks,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny! I'm excited to work on a post for your blog, I hope to have it for this week.

      Delete
  3. Love that Merry Christmas plate. A great addition.

    Great to have you celebrate the New Year with Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so enjoy your blog and am very happy to be a part of it whenever I can. Thank you!

      Delete