Change Everything

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Happy New Year!


TA DA!!! 
I'm baaaaack!

I had no intention of letting so much time pass before I posted the New Year's table but it just sort of happened.

Actually...
Here's what really happened...

I loaded Scrabble on to my tablet and spent a lot of my free time playing.  There I said it, now you know.   

However, I have also been busy with a few projects around the house, some of which you'll see in future posts and just general downsizing. I'm still very enthusiastic about downsizing and finding new homes for things I no longer need. 


I found these gorgeous wine goblets at Marshall's and knowing I'd be doing a silver & white table for my New Year's tablescape, they had to come home with me.  The crown glasses & platter are from Sur La Table a few years ago.


You saw right through that one, didn't you? It's true, I started out downsizing because of a move to a much smaller home but now it's about finding space to store all my fun tablescaping supplies! 

I love a white themed table for the New Year. It gives me something shiny to focus on rather than be sad about how bare everything looks once all the colorful Christmas stuff is put away.


I had been waiting for a brighter day (another reason for the delay) but it got to the point where I couldn't wait any longer. It's very challenging to photograph an all white table and have it be as stunning on the page as it looks in person.

Btw, I did also notice that the tablecloth needed to be ironed. 
That wasn't going to happen.  I was still working with vacation brain and the totally relaxed approach to everything.  




The London plates were a gift from a friend. I just love them and hope I can find a couple more.  

The flatware - oh hooray for the flatware!!I found this while out checking out the after-Christmas sales and the price was too good to pass up.  Having a variety of color options for my flatware makes me feel more like a 'real' tablescaper. 


Here's a great shot of the wrinkles in the table runner. Hahaha.  

A different angle and a different setting on the camera. 

I didn't cook a big New Year's dinner but I did make a delicious breakfast for New Year's day, the french toast casserole pictured in the previous post.  It was so good, I'm still talking about it! I'll probably make it again for Valentine's day but maybe throw in some berries next time.

The lovely roast I bought for New Year's Eve dinner eventually got (defrosted) and cooked along with twice baked potatoes.  It was a fabulous meal! (I tried to take pics, even though it was quite delicious, it wasn't very photogenic)


A closeup of the London salad plate, just love them.


 One last shot of the place setting.

I'm excited to see what the new year brings.  I'm looking forward to more tablescapes, inspiration, sharing ideas, recipes and making new friends. 

I'll be linking up to Seasonal Sunday's at The Tablescaper and Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch.  Cuisine Kathleen is taking a break right now but I'm looking forward to her next challenge.

Sending you all love!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely table!! I love your crown napkin rings and, really, all the touches to your sparkly table. Well done. Have a great 2014!! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosie - my reply didn't show up correctly.
      Thank you for your comments. My only regret is that I only bought two of the napkin rinks. I got them long before I really got invested in tablescaping. They're perfect in a romantic setting for two.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete