Change Everything

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Shopping


I recently went to Goodwill, not the one I usually go to but a new location which is the only reason I went. I was surprised by how expensive things were there compared to other Goodwill stores I've been to in the area. It was as if they had taken the time to look this stuff up on eBay before they priced it. (I'm not begrudging them the opportunity to make as much money as they can, it was just a bit shocking) Regardless, I did come home with some goodies.

These are two plates I found at Goodwill.

The top one looks to be part of a snowman, so I'm thinking it's part of a set and each plate has a different section of the snowman.  Unfortunately there are no markings on the bottom so I don't even know where to start looking.

(Okay as soon as I typed that I went out to ebay and looked at the snowman plates not all 257 pages of them but a few pages but I didn't see anything on the first four pages).

I'm hoping someone out in blogland will recognize and give me the details.
Pretty PLEASE!

The Halloween plate does have markings so I have a chance to find more.  It's called Enchanted Halloween and it has been discontinued.  I found some bowls on Replacements but no plates.

I broke the rule and bought one lone plate of each because I really liked them.  I really need to stop doing that and only buy in sets of four... unless I'm adding on to a set I already have. Oh well.

I may never learn. I'm incorrigible.

Now that I've made shared this character flaw... I have more to show you.
Yep - just one of each. I like the small size of these and though they're not part of the same set, I think because the size is similar they'd be great to mix & match on a Christmas table.  The Santa has no markings, the snowman has a 'Made in China' mark but not much more. 

Here's a shot of the other great find from GW; the silver coffee set.  It came with a silver tray but I couldn't fit it on this table. It was a bit more than I would normally spend at GW but I just couldn't leave it behind. It appears to be brand new, never used and I just love it.

There's one more find to share with you but you'll see that next month and I'll get excited about it all over again.

Happy almost weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment