Change Everything

Friday, September 20, 2013

Even More Incredible


Today, we'll have a little departure from Preppy & Tablescaping... okay, it's probably a big departure.


A couple times a week I prepare myself a lovely breakfast of fresh fruit, eggs (2, scrambled w/cheese), toast, tea and juice (V8 Fusion so I get my full serving of fruit and veg). I feel very pampered as a sit quietly enjoying my breakfast and reading a magazine before my busy work day. 

Since I started this ritual a few years ago, I've modified the meal a bit to be a bit healthier. Switched out one of the eggs to just egg whites and lowfat cheese in the eggs. Also an improvement of sorts, an English muffin instead of just toast. In my humble opinion, fork split muffins are superior to sliced muffins, it's that whole 'nooks & crannies' thing. One half of the muffin gets low cholesterol butter with homemade low-sugar jam but the other half gets real butter

Look away now if the sight of raw eggs disturbs you... 

One thing that brightens this ritual even more is the rare event when I crack an egg and get a double yolk!!!  (The picture below is from several months ago)

There's no way to prove to you that the two smaller yolks came from one egg.

You'll just have to take my word for it, even though you don't know me.

For reference this is a cereal size bowl by the way, so you get a better idea of the size of the yolks. 

Gosh, even looking at these pictures again makes me smile! 

I'm okay with you thinking I've lost my mind, really. It's perfectly okay.  This blog is about what makes me happy and this just happens to be one of those things in life that always puts a smile on my face.


This egg is from just a couple of weeks ago, one jumbo egg, two yolks. Me - BIG SMILE. Since I only cracked one egg, there's no comparison with a regular single yolk.

While this still made me happy, it's not quite as amazing as the first picture. See the picture at the top was a double yolk from a regular large egg and this second picture is a double yolk from a jumbo egg.

By the way, isn't it sad what passes for a large or even extra large egg these days?  I know there are certain standards for weight but they really look puny.

This was taken with the new camera and I couldn't quite get the color right. This egg is in a slightly larger cereal bowl and I haven't added the eggs whites yet.

Somewhere there's probably some old saying about getting a double yolk and how it brings you good luck and happiness and prosperity, right?!


I hope you fix yourself an amazing breakfast this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment