Change Everything

Thursday, August 8, 2013

July Tablescape


Happy Thursday!
As promised here are the pictures of my July tablescape. (This would be the tablescape for the second half of July that I just put away so I could start on the first setting for August)
A summery, flamingo theme here.



I love the palm tree goblets but they don't stand out next to the blue tumblers.

I tried to find a lot of flamingo stuff for a summer tablescape but apparently I was looking in the wrong places because I didn't find much but there's always next year.

I wanted flamingo napkins so I ended up having to make my own
 
Isn't she cute :)

Here's the whole group... flock... gaggle?  I need one more but I'll have to wait until next year.
I'm still new at this and one piece of the puzzle I don't have is various sets of flatware to match the theme; wouldn't bamboo look great here? The natural color, not the green or stainless. (This all may sound familiar to you, I just realized that I already said something similar a few posts back, oops) I bought some blue that you saw on the July 4th table and now I'd really like to find some green.  It's out there and I've seen it at Tuesday Morning but I'm waiting for the price to go down a bit.  I try to be very frugal when I'm putting my tables together.  It's fun and a creative outlet but it doesn't have to be an expensive hobby... or should I say another expensive hobby.  Ah, who am I kidding, it definitely adds up!


The good news is, I use some pieces over and over for different themes. I wish had a fancy storage room with lots of shelving for everything but it pretty much gets put in plastic bins down in the garage.

Knowing my storage limitations, my friend asked "where are you putting all this stuff?" I had to laugh, she had helped me organize my tubs of Christmas decorations last year so I could downsize, so she knows exactly how much storage I don't have.

As much as I'd like to stay and chat all day, there's a spreadsheet somewhere that needs my attention and dishes in the sink that are done with their bubble-bath. Somewhere along the way, I'm going to go out for a walk!

P.S. There's a very real possibility that I'll get the first August tablescape posted before I change it. However, out of concern for your well being, don't hold your breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment