Change Everything

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

August Tablescape - #1


Now that we're into the second half of August, I figured now was as good a time as any to post the August tablescape pictures. 
Green, the color is green (anyone remember that from 'The Wiz'?)
I'm still working on getting things at different heights but my table doesn't lend itself to a large centerpiece and four place settings with chargers. I have to cheat adapt and use one place as the focal point for whatever I'm doing.  I like most of this but I never quite got it all pulled together and finalized.  Maybe next time I use this tea set, I'll set the table for two... I think I need more vases and candle holders.

Alternate view. (aka - me trying to be artsy with the camera)

Extreme close-up of the tea set.
This tea set was a gift from some friends a few Christmases ago. It's I.Godinger but I don't recall the pattern right now. I do love it and I've considered getting some matching tea cups & saucers but I've only been able to find them on Replacements.com so far and not really a bargain.

Yet another angle - not flattering for the tea set
 The 'chargers' in this case are platters from Tuesday Morning. They're Pfaltzgraff Napoli Rooster, I believe.  Of course the rooster is covered up, mostly, in all these pictures.  I took a shot of the platter to show the rooster but it was blurry.

**Update** It seems I forgot that I actually did have a good picture of the charger. Hmmm, I wonder what else I'm forgetting?

Plaltzgraff Napoli rooster platter - Tuesday Morning

A lot like the first picture but you get to see the pear candles better here.
I suppose some kind of large figurine would work here or maybe a topiary to continue with the leaf theme?

Fancy napkin fold!
Did you know the first thing you do when you sit down to eat is put your napkin on your lap? Now, if you're at someone's home or at a meal where there is a host, you wait for the host/hostess to place his/her napkin first. Why this difference? When dining out there is often no one who is the official host so there isn't any reason to wait.
The same rule applies to when it's time to start eating, wait for the hostess to start first.  Take your cue for moving on to the next course from the host or hostess as well. Let's just hope your host isn't a very slow or extremely rapid eater. You could go hungry or spend a lot of time moving food around your plate.

A few more pictures










Joining the fun at Between Naps on the Porch

No comments:

Post a Comment