Change Everything

Friday, August 30, 2013

Another August Tablescape


When I showed this table to my friends many of them said it was one of their favorites.  I don't know if it's the theme or the colors or something else.  I'm very happy with this one, too.  I feel like it's very cohesive and even though the various components are from a variety of stores everything works well together.  This is the first time I've gone with just a runner and no cloth, the bare wood works well with this theme.

A coastal theme for the end of summer.
Below is the table with the first napkin set-up but then I found this fun striped ones after I had taken the initial set of pictures.  They are from Pier 1 and even have green edge stitching that matches the runner, it's like they were made just for this tablescape!


These cute little tea light shells are also from Cost Plus/world Market

my attempt at a more artistic photo

The plates are from Cost Plus/World Market, the chargers and napkin rings are from a local store. Too bad I can't use those napkin rings in other table settings. Hmmm, maybe for the Belmont Stakes?



Did I mention that I LOVE those napkin rings?











I'm still just buying pieces in sets of four. From what I'm seeing on other blogs, most 'tablescapers' usually buy much larger sets, 8 -10.  First, I'm just not organized enough yet to have a place to store everything and secondly, most of what I buy is just for fun not long term investment. The Tablescaper has the kind of storage and assortment I would be thrilled to have.

A low light shot just because I have a new camera and I can take these kinds of shots.

Yes, I do have a new camera and I'm having fun learning how to use it.  Please be patient with me while I figure this out.  See the white lantern in the upper right of the picture?  Welllll.... it used to be black.  After all the white lanterns were sold out at Ross & Marshall's I decided I wanted one.  I got some spray paint and created my own.  It has the faux candle with a timer (LOVE THOSE) so I had to disassemble it prior to painting.  All in all, I think it's fabulous.  Don't you?

While summer isn't officially over meteorologic-ly speaking but a lot of kids have already gone back to school and it is Labor Day weekend, the unofficial last hooray of summer.  The weather is changing here, cooler evenings and we've even had some rain.  My friends and I keep saying we don't want to rush the end of summer but... I've already started thinking about fall... stay tuned!

This is going to be my first attempt to join the fun over at Between Naps on the Porch.

Runner, Chargers & pressed glass tea light holders - Kitchen Kaboodle - runner tag says Primitive Artisans, chargers are by TAG
Plates & shell tea lights - Cost Plus/World Market
Striped napkins - Pier 1
Netting - Dollar Store ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment