Change Everything

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Junior League Brunch

A great way to spend a Saturday Morning

Did I tell you I finally worked up the nerve to join Junior League?  I've been wanting to join for several years but since I prefer to avoid driving in heavy traffic and their offices where I used to live were downtown, as are the offices where I live now. I decided to just deal with it and stop putting it off.  Fortunately, there are easy alternate routes that let me avoid the scariest parts of the highway/freeway. 
During your first year, you're considered a provisional member and today I went to the Junior League Provisional Welcome Brunch!  I had a great time and met some wonderful women. I'm looking forward to making some new friends and supporting my community.
If you're not familiar with Junior League, they're a non-profit service organization and there are chapters all over the country. It was started in New York over 100 years ago! Our first volunteer activity is making dinner for the families at the local Ronald McDonald house.  

 Here's what I rocked wore. I got a lot of compliments and someone even said it looked like Lilly!!

High praise indeed.          Junior League Brunch



No comments:

Post a Comment