Change Everything

Monday, May 27, 2013

May Tablescape

I finally found an arrangement that made me happy... now that May is almost over. I had put something together at the beginning of the month and took lots of pictures but I just didn't like how it turned out.  After taking stuff away and staring at it half-finished I finally figured out what it needed, pulled it all together and I'm much happier with it now.

 May started out with beautiful weather but the last couple of weeks have brought a lot of dark, cloudy days and rain.  This teal scheme brightens up the dining room and my spirits.

 I really enjoy putting together different themed tablescapes and finding things to add from around the house.  This little Southern Belle sits in the China cabinet most of the time but when spring arrives she likes to get some fresh air and show off her lovely dress.

I'll enjoy this table setting for a little while longer before moving on to something new for June.

Dining Etiquette tip - there are two ays to identify which is your bread plate (which can get confusing at a crowded table) remember B M W - bread, meal water (left to right). Another is to put the tips of your thumb and forefinger together ("okay" sign) the left hand makes the letter 'b' for bread and the right hand makes the letter 'd' for drink.
International Dining Etiquette - in many cultures it's considered impolite to have your hands on your lap during a meal or sitting around a meeting table. In this case, it's best to rest your wrists on the table and keep your hands visible at all times.

Happy Spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment